Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Boost your self-esteem with exercise

I exercise regularly and this helps me a lot in enhancing my self-esteem. After I exercise I really feel good, energetic and proud of myself. Exercising for me enhances self-esteem because I became conscious that I am taking care of myself. I am taking time to be with myself.

Any kind of physical exercise will help you to enhance your self-esteem. According to Robert D. Rice (Mental health matters):



"Exercising greatly enhances a person's self-esteem and mental outlook while reducing stress. Self-esteem is a critical component of any program aimed at self-improvement program. It offers hope to correcting these problems. A close relationship has been documented between low self-esteem and such problems as violence, alcoholism, drug abuse, eating disorders, shcool dropouts, teenage pregnancy, suicide, and low academic achievement. It is never too late to start a work out program as a way to best guild towared the goal of improved self-image, and always too early to stop exercising. Early on in the attitutde adjustment process periodic exercise is necessary for good physical and mental health".

There are a lot of things you can do to exercies. You can walk 20 minutes daily, you can run 2 or 3 times a week, you can go to the gym and lift weights or just take areobic classes. . Even doing yoga , ayurvedic exercises, martial arts will help you to feel good about yourself and therfore, enhance your self esteem. Even you can practice any sport. Next time you are sitting at your home like a coach potato , complaining about your life, feeling down and miserable, just think for a second : Would you rather feel great about yourself or you prefer to be sitting there feeling really bad about yourself?.





"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." -- Jim Rohn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home